School Council has determined that the wearing of uniform is compulsory at Stonnington Primary School.
We often receive positive comments about the appearance of our students when they represent our school in the wider school community at music, sporting events or excursions.
We believe that the wearing of uniform fosters in our children a sense of pride in and commitment to our school.
Clothing accepted as part of the uniform is listed below. School Uniform is available from the Uniform Shop at the School Office each Wednesday. Order forms and payment may be lodged at any time to be filled on Wednesdays before and after school.
Parents who wish their child to be exempt from wearing a uniform must notify the Principal in writing. Possible grounds for exemption might be health or religious reasons.
At the first available School Council meeting the Principal will make recommendations to School Council for exemption or non-exemption of particular students on wearing the school uniform and a decision will be made and the parents notified of the outcome.
- Navy/gold polo shirt with school logo (long and short sleeved)
- Navy/gold T-shirt with school logo
- Navy shorts/unisex (these are also available from department stores such as Target, K-Mart and Dimmeys.)
- Navy skorts (these are also available from department stores such as Target, K-Mart and Dimmeys.)
- Navy windcheater (also hooded) with the school logo
- Navy track pants (girls and boys styles) (these are also available from department stores such as Target, K-Mart and Dimmeys.)
- SunSmart Hat with school logo
- Blue and white check dresses for the summer (these are also available from department stores such as Target, K-Mart and Dimmeys.)
- School bag with school logo
- Book bag with school logo
- Parents should ensure children wear comfortable, safe shoes, suitable for engaging in school activities. It is strongly advised that sandals have a closed toe. Thongs/Crocs are not permitted.
The ergonomic Stonnington school bag (available at the office), which will hold an unfolded scrapbook, is preferred. For safety reasons, it is wise to mark your child’s name on the inside of the bag, not the outside. A colourful key ring, which is easily identifiable, helps each child recognize their own bag.